WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Gathering Old Crocks

While we were traveling I was busy gathering crocks. I think there is nothing that says primitive more than an old crock. They look good filled with flowers or branches but equally as nice empty. So many different sizes, shapes and color variations but each had it's special use. The crock on the far left is "drippy" and even has the potters finger prints on the upper and lower rim. A "mistake" at the time I am sure but it adds to the character of these old pieces.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Cherry, Wow, such a great assortment of crocks. Love them all. Can hardly find one around here and when you do so expensive no matter what the condition, I can't afford them.. You lucked up. Thanks for sharing the picture. I can just drool.. Have a great day.

Lillie Mae Acres said...

OMGoodness, how beautiful. You're so right, PRIMITIVE crocks look good no matter how you display them.

STITCHINPRIM said...

OH!HOW I LOVE CROCKS !! YOU HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL SELECTIIOIN THERE..
YOU WILL HAVE SUCH FUN ARRANGING THEM WITH DIFFERENT THINGS TO GO IN THEM.
BLESSINGS,
MAURINE

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Cherry:) I just found you through your comment on Teresa's blog. Oooh, I'm getting inspiration from you. You love the same things I do and your crocks are beautiful. I know you must be so excited to have found them.
xoxo~Carol

Jennifer said...

Wonderful picture!

Rhonda @ The Yellow Brick Road said...

I am going to have to make a trip out there to look! I am looking for a larger white/cream colored crock to put some tall branches in. I saw one in an antique shoppe that I loved it had "Dallas Love Field" stamped on it. It was very cool but also very expensive....
I live in Pearland so will make a trip your way one day soon.

Primitive Echoes said...

wow that was quite the trip. I love all the crocks.
Kat